Periscope Data, the world’s leading analytics platform for data professionals, announced a series of technology investments, partnerships and clients in 2018 to add to their growing footprint in the analytics market.
Periscope Data works with companies across the most innovative industries including Transportation/Logistics, SaaS, Media & Entertainment, Finance and Healthcare/Tech, and these recent wins all showcase Periscope Data’s unique capabilities for serving their customers with cutting-edge technology solutions. New customers to date in 2018 include industry leaders like Harvard Medical School, Shiptek, Mealpal, Ledger and Hustle.
“We’ve made investments this year to enhance our platform in ways that help data teams of all sizes address their most advanced data questions,” said Periscope Data co-founder and CEO Harry Glaser. “With new innovations in everything from visual data exploration and core analytics reporting to support for machine learning and predictive modeling, we’re continuing to help companies achieve their biggest business objectives by truly empowering their data professionals.”
As the company expands to add more mid-market companies to its client roster, it has seen its average new deal size increase by more than 70 percent in 2018. Today, Periscope Data’s customers include large Fortune 500 companies and smaller startups alike, all of whom utilize Periscope Data’s platform to turn deep data insights into action with the speed, power and flexibility they need to gain a competitive advantage.
Periscope Data also continued its expansion in 2018 by moving into a new 45,000-square-foot office in San Francisco, and recently announced a slew of workplace awards including Bay Area News Group’s 2018 Top Workplaces, the San Francisco Business Journal’s “2018 Best Places to Work” and Comparably’s lists of the top companies for professional development, leadership team, female employees and diversity. These recognitions have propelled them to a record two quarters of hiring, with a total headcount of 140 people. Periscope Data was also recognized recently by leading analyst firm Forrester as one of the top analytics providers for healthcare.
Additional features launched in the first half of 2018 include:
- SQL, Python and R – complete more analysis in less time by transforming data in SQL, performing complex statistical analyses in Python or R, then visualizing, collaborating and reporting on the results — all without leaving Periscope Data’s powerful and fast analytics platform.
- Data Discovery for Business – a new visual interface designed to empower business professionals to explore trusted data sets on their own within the Periscope Data platform
- Integration with AWS SageMaker – Periscope Data’s new integration with Amazon SageMaker will allow data analysts to tackle ML problems in one seamless workflow, from data prep to model training to reporting.
- Expanded Integration with Amazon Web Services – Periscope Data advanced its integrations with Amazon Web Services to help streamline the analytics workflows of data teams and is now recognized as an Advanced Tier Partner in the AWS Partner Network.
- Single-Sign On Support for Google Cloud – Periscope Data has been added to Google Cloud’s catalog of pre-integrated SAML apps for single-sign-on.
- SOC 2 Type II Compliance – Periscope Data is now SOC 2 Type II Certified, ensuring a company’s data is securely managed to protect the interests of the organization and the privacy of their clients. For security-conscious businesses, SOC2 Type II compliance is a minimal requirement when considering a SaaS provider.