Introducing Controlled Dashboard Refresh
Today we’re introducing a new way for Periscope Data admins to improve data freshness for a better end-user experience: Dashboard Refresh Management.
Dashboard Refresh Management gives Periscope users more visibility into data freshness and the ability to schedule when dashboards refresh, ultimately optimizing how resources are being used. Not all dashboards are equal—some need frequent updates and may feature more mission-critical data; others may only require monthly updates. Now you can control the cadence of refreshes to reflect your organization’s priorities as well as your resource capacity. That means no more 9 a.m. lag from mass refreshing!
Right now we’re launching with the ability to set refresh schedules by interval (e.g., every 10 minutes) or daily; however, we’ll be rapidly rolling out new features over the coming months, including:
- Dashboard Display: Data freshness will be shown on each dashboard so users understand how fresh the data is along with the refresh schedule.
- Capacity Chart: A day-by-day chart showing scheduled refreshes, allowing viewers to understand where capacity has been exceeded so they can plan accordingly.
- Scheduling Flexibility: Additional support will allow users to schedule weekly and monthly refreshes as needed.
- Dashboard Scheduling: Dashboard owners will be able to adjust scheduled refreshes directly from the dashboard view.
- Refresh Queue: An interactive display showing the refreshes currently underway and those in the queue—along with the runtime and frequency of usage—allowing users to prioritize dashboard refreshes as needed.
- Rate Limiting: Users can conditionally disable dashboard refreshes based on data freshness.
Dashboard Refresh Management is an add-on feature and a part of our new performance package. Interested in activating it? Email [email protected]